*Note: I was not paid for this post, but did receive the product for free. I only decided to post about it after successfully testing it out on two camping trips in mosquito-infested areas 🙂
Pregnant women hear “no” a lot. No soft cheese. No coffee. No mimosas. No kitty litter (can I get a hallelujah!) But, the “no” that is given for most insect repellents often leaves that glowing pregnant skin littered with itchy bites. Ladies growing babies don’t deserve that hassle, which is why it’s important to find a repellent that works, but also, won’t cause your baby to grow an eleventh toe.
Enter Stay Away® Mosquitoes Skin Friendly Insect Repellent from EarthKind®. This stuff offers 14-hour effective (!) protection from mosquitoes and ticks including mosquitoes that may transmit West Nile Virus, Chikungunya, Dengue and ZIKA and ticks that may transmit Lyme Disease. Repels biting flies, gnats and chiggers for up to 8 hours.
In addition, this spray is DEET-free, EPA registered, non-flammable and made with a water-resistant formula that includes Picaridin, a natural chemical, bio identical to pepper. And beyond pregnant women, Stay Away® can be used on children 2 years and older.
Good news: You can try it out for $0. Go here to order your free sample.
Here are a few other tips for keeping the itchies, and more serious funk (like Zika) from infiltrating your baby-growing sanctuary.
- Reapply insect repellent as directed.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts and long pants. If you’re in a hot environment, choose a breathable fabric like linen to help prevent overheating.
- Use screens on windows and doors.
- Use air conditioning, if available.
- Prevent mosquitoes from laying eggs in or near water by emptying standing water from all outdoor containers.
Click here for more tips from the CDC.