I was nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely ladies over at Betrothed Babies! Yippee!
The Liebster Award is an award that is passed from blogger to blogger in order to help readers find new blogs to follow! When you’re nominated for the award, you have some rules to follow:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award. (Check! Thanks Betrothed Babies!)
- Give 11 random facts about yourself. (You asked for it 😉 See below.)
- Answer 11 questions the blog gives you. (Also living below.)
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them. (In the works.)
- Give them 11 questions to answer. (These are the final inhabitants of this page.)
11 Random Facts
1.I have such a deep love for Christmas lights I leave up icicle lights in the bedroom all year long, and I wrapped a strand above my desk. They make everything better.
2. I can eat embarrassing amounts of anything with mint chocolate in it.
3. If it was socially acceptable to lay in bed and watch movies all I- I’d be all over that. (OK I do this- I just wait for my husband to go to work, and my son and I find some Disney goodness, and a hopefully mint chocolate chip something.)
4. I camped through two tornadoes and lived to tell the tale.
5. I have a compulsion to close all the open apps on my iPhone every few minutes.
6. I’m a shy extrovert and #TheStruggleIsReal. Part of me always wants to be in bed with my laptop, Christmas lights, mint chocolate chip cookies, a remote, (and I guess my son and husband can come too), while my other side wants to party hop (usually to three-year-old birthday parties) and connect with real life people.
7. I’m desperately in love with my husband (I know, I know, yack yack, barf barf) but I’m smitten. He thoroughly pisses me off sometimes, but looks so cute doing it. And he helped me make the creature below, so there’s that.
8. The feel of prickly legs drives me insane. When we’re camping, I could care less about washing my hair or pits, but give me a wash bin, razor, and bar of soap or I will lose my mind.
9. I have recurring nightmares of being eaten by monster waves, and my husband has a dream of sailing across the Pacific.
10. If I don’t get to weave some words every day I feel a mixture of anxiety, irritation, and verbal diarrhea (it has to come out somewhere.)
11. I adore the eavesdropping Facebook allows me.
Questions from Betrothed Babies
1.If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Sushi and mint chocolate ice cream. And yes, it can be at the same time (so that counts as one food, right?)
2. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Camping in Hawaii for a month with my parents, aunt, uncle, and cousins. It was in the middle of the school year, but I was five, and my Grandmother had just passed away- so we deserved a month living in Lanai.
3. Describe the best vacation you’ve ever been on.
Costa Rica with my husband, son (he was one!), parents, brother and his best friend, cousins, and sassy aunt (she’s amazing.) We stayed in a teak house on the beach, and had a badass motorcycle driving chef and tour guide that took us to secret beaches and waterfall hikes. He could bake bread and brownies, and fill a five gallon jug with fresh coconut water in under ten minutes, only using his hands a machete.
4. Are you a dog or a cat person?
I love me some dogs if they don’t jump all over me, and cats if they know how to go outside to use the bathroom. I grew up with a cat and German Shepard who would snuggle, so we can all be friends.
5. If you had to change your career, what would you pick?
An intuitive healer or Pixar animator- preferably both at the same time.
6. Which famous person (living or dead) would you like to have lunch with and why?
Iris Apfel. Haven’t heard of her? Look her up, she’s queen.
7. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
Ambivalence. “Make a decision already!” (Often, I’m yelling that at myself.)
8. If you could have one super power, what would it be?
Flight, BUT, when I fly my jet stream is a rainbow.
9. You had the worst day at work – what’s the one thing that will make you feel better?
Reality television, pajamas, and a margarita, by myself on the couch. With the Christmas lights on.
10. If you had to lose one of your senses, which one would you pick and why?
Smell- my husband knows how to let one rip.
11. What’s the first thing you would do if you won a million dollars?
Invest half (BORING, but smart), give a chunk to Every Mother Counts (because the birthing culture needs to be transformed), do a trip around the world (with emphasis on Bali), and buy a bunch of lottery tickets! (Just kidding, don’t do that.) With the remainder, I would spend a month being ambivalent as to what to do with it.
Questions for Nominees
- What’s your spirit animal? Why?
- What famous person do you believe you may have been in a past life?
- What is your scariest moment?
- Most embarrassing moment?
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What television show do you secretly watch?
- What makes you cry?
- What makes you smile?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your ultimate writing goal?
- If you could get a lifetime supply of one item, what would it be?